About IIPM
Training Schedule
PMP® Exam Prep. Course: Guaranteed Pass*
PMP® Exam Prep. Regular Course
CAPM® Exam Prep Course
Online PMI-SP® Exam Prep.
Online PMI-RMP® Exam Prep.
PMI-ACP® Exam Prep. Course
Online PMP® Exam Prep. Course
PDU Courses Offered       
Lean Six Sigma Course
Online Study Feedback
Shopping Cart
Certified Construction Project Manager (CCPM®)
MS Project® 2010
CSR Activities
PM Books Library
Our Esteemed Clients
Key Personnel/Adjunct Faculty
PM Conference
IT Project Management
IIPM Training Hall
Visit to PMI HQ
DPC-SIG for Construction PMs
Video Presentation Feedback
Placement Opportunities
Contact us
Privacy Policy
Delivery Policy

 Mr. Ari speaks at Kalaignar TV on "Vidiyale Vaa"

Mr.O.Arivazhagan "Ari" was invited by Kalaignar TV on 13th March 2015 on the topic "Opportunities in Project Management & Career Counselling" to educate the students on selection of course after 12th Board Exams, self introspection and choosing the correct career. He said the current industry is facing a lot of constraints with under skilled people. In India, 10 Lakh Certified Project Managers are required especially in the IT Industry ,Certified Project Managers are less, 60-70% of the projects fail because they are not completed on time and within budget. He also said that in the recent budget, the government has allocated 1000 crore to bridge the skill gap.

He was questioned on how the students can choose the right course after their 12th Boards- He replied that only 5% of students choose to become entrepreneurs remaining 95% select either Engineering/Commerce. The best way to choose a course is to think about the demand of the course after 4 years and not the current market demand. He also said that IT/CSE jobs fluctuate as they are based on Foreign demand and currently India is facing tough competition from other countries. However, the core disciplines like Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering would always be in demand.

He said the government in the recent budget has allotted 70,000 crore for Infrastructure and FDI don't want to invest in India as the Infrastructure standards are not very high. Students with comparatively less marks may also look at Biotechnology as an option. Students interested in joining an innovative/upcoming discipline can look at Food Processing Technology. He was also questioned on whether choosing the right course after the 12th Boards would benefit the students for which he said that counseling for determining the correct choice should start after the 10th Boards.

He was asked about the preparation required to face an interview for which he said that based on the current level of competition and the number of students graduating each year, the students should work towards developing good Communication skills, Grooming, Presentation, Gestures and Good postures.

Conference Pictures

All trade marks / copyrights of other companies are respected and are properties of those companies.
PMI®, PMP®, CAPM®, PMBOK® Guide, PgMP® are trade marks / copyrights owned by PMI®, USA
For more details contact : marketing@iipmchennai.com
All Rights Reserved © International Institute Of Project Management- Chennai ®IIPM